Summer season is beer season and what better way to cool down on a hot day than with a frosty brew? Summer ales crafted for those lazy summer days are really something special, and here we have the top picks to accompany your summer fun:
- Oberon Ale - this seasonal offering from Bell's Brewery is sure to be a hit at your next cookout. This ale yeast has a mild fruit taste that while being light still packs a flavorful punch.
- Anchor Brewing's Mango Wheat is a golden ale that is made with actual mangoes. This tropical concoction is sure to put you in a summer mood, no matter the weather!
- Crafted in Denver, Colorado by Great Divide Brewery Roadie Grapefruit Radler is available from April through to July. Great Divide is an absolute favorite of craft brewing aficionados the world over, and it is easy to see why. This beer was crafted as a tangy grapefruit filled easy drink and inspired by the deep cycling roots of Great Divide.
- Avondale, Alabama may not be the first place that comes to mind when we think of craft brewing but they are putting out some great beers. Their Dry Hopped Reunir is a great farmhouse ale that tastes tart and is the perfect summer quaff.
- Summer Love by Victory Brewery definitely has the right name for the summer season, and its taste lives up to the name. This golden ale has a lovely crisp taste with just a hint of pine, perfect for weekends spent away at the lake.
Summer is the time of year when it is somehow easier to forget our cares and spend more time enjoying life. The days feel longer, the nights are perfect for sitting outside to catch up with friends, and spend the weekends swimming and getting outside and letting loose. There you have them, our top 5 thirst quenchers, perfect for lazy summer days and warm nights!